Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is Dolphin on a laptop feasible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Shankapotamus

Heading to college soon which means I have to leave my desktop behind and as a result I'm buying a new laptop, preferably one that can run some Gamecube games well and consistently. Are there any laptops out there that can actually run Gamecube games on Dolphin(namely SSBM, Mario Kart DD, Metroid Prime) or should I just give up on it until I'm able to accommodate a full sized desktop again?
Yes, you can play on a laptop. Make sure its a Haswell that ends with M. I recommend a gaming laptop, with dual heatsinks and fans to prevent overheating.
Sager has one of the best build qualities and price: http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-lap...1_162.html
Its highly playable on a laptop.. Currently running development nightly's on a 13 inch late 2013 macbook pro and 2014 15 inch macbook pro... Other then some slight GFX errors with ocean rendering in super mario sunshine under the intel gpu both pc's run dolphin without issue..

Problem with water rendering doesn't happen if i swap to the gt 750 card on the 15 inch.

TLDR yes its highly possable Tongue