Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Create an own Iso/Disc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
My question is, how to create a new Disc (Don't have to run on real system, only on Dolphin).
I want to mix files from to disc to create a "new" game of it.
I know that it's possible to extract files of a disc, but not how to create all extracted files to a new disc / iso.
I don't want to burn a real disc - Only a iso file for Dolphin.
Thx in advance Smile
There are tools available for editing certain files on an disc image and reconstructing that disc image. For Wii games, look into WiiScrubber. For GC games, look into the GC Image Rebuilder (here).
Wow thx Smile I will test it Smile

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Wow how could you forget about Wiimms ISO Tools? Reassembles Wii games without filesize limits (I heard Wiiscrubber will corrupt the ISO if you insert a file that was bigger than the original space allocated for it).
Also you can manipulate the directory structure however, add new files, etc. But you need to wait a long time when extracting or creating ISO (does not support changing an ISO in-place)
wit extract whatever.iso -P (creates whatever.d) (takes a while to complete)
Change the files in whatever.d/files/.
Main.dol located in whatever.d/sys (I believe)
wit copy whatever.d whatever_new.iso (creates whatever_new.iso) (also takes a while)
Ok, the GC rebuilder was goodSmile Thx Smile