Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Pikmin Running Natively on Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the root of the disc, there are a few files for a Windows executable, where you can run the game on a PC. It comes filled with a bunch of debugging features. And best of all, it's possible to have it run in any modern machine! For a guide on how to do so, read the notes page.

Source: http://tcrf.net/Pikmin/Windows_Executable
Hey, that's pretty interesting. Wonder if it'll run in WINE.

Reminds me of some talk (I think) I heard about Pikmin the other day on Dolphin's IRC channel. Looks like shuffle2 was involved as well. I might try this some time.
Confirmed. Holy crap.
(08-11-2014, 02:18 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, that's pretty interesting. Wonder if it'll run in WINE.

Reminds me of some talk (I think) I heard about Pikmin the other day on Dolphin's IRC channel. Looks like shuffle2 was involved as well. I might try this some time.

Yes, we discussed this a few days ago on irc.
Incredible. This blew my mind.
I just sat at my desk for five minutes going "Wow. Why. Wow." whilst reading that linked wiki.
Gotta try this out sometime, that's so radical.
heh, I wonder how many other games have some weird pc-related debugging stuff hidden in it, aside from games that already have pc ports like halo or XIII etc..
I gotta try this when I get home
(08-11-2014, 02:18 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, that's pretty interesting. Wonder if it'll run in WINE.

Seems to work just fine here. Don't even need to track down the old debug C runtime DLL.

[Image: QWL2FbY.png]
@RachelB - Good. Thought I was making things up for a second Big Grin

@Toad King - That's sweet.
someone should upload this to youtube. This is pretty legit, though functionally useless indeed.
Forum Rules Wrote:Necroposting: Do not revive a discussion older than 6 months unless your post adds something meaningful or otherwise contributes to the thread. Please create a new thread about your subject instead. Threads violating this rule will be closed. Stickied threads, Game Discussion threads, and HD Texture threads are exempt, however, and users can freely post there regardless of how old the topics are.