Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Frame Rate Drop -- New Dolphin Ver.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

smoovieb

So I upgraded my Dolphin from 3.5 to 4.0-648 to be able to use netplay for Super Smash Bros. Melee, but found that my framerate dropped from a stable 60FPS to an average of about 30FPS on the new version, rendering the game unplayable. I've fiddled with all the video settings I possibly could, there doesn't seem to be a fix that I can figure out on my own. Is there anything I can do, perhaps downgrade to another version?
Do you by any chance have vbeam speed hack enabled? Also, just to be sure, you did download from the dc-netplay branch, correct?

smoovieb

(08-11-2014, 06:45 AM)Kurausukun Wrote: [ -> ]Do you by any chance have vbeam speed hack enabled? Also, just to be sure, you did download from the dc-netplay branch, correct?

Enabling/disabling the vbeam speed hack doesn't change the FPS on either version.

I downloaded from this link: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/339...908b5e89d/
Follow the laptop performance guide on the forums; that's likely your issue.
This is what he's talking about

smoovieb

(08-11-2014, 08:19 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Follow the laptop performance guide on the forums; that's likely your issue.

It worked. I think it was enough to specify Dolphin to use my dedicated GPU in the NVIDIA Control Panel -- thanks so much guys, the guide was easy to follow and real quick. Big Grin