Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: cpu downclocking in emulation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

wombat44

hi there i have a brand new a10 7300 amd laptop with 2gb "dedicated" memory, i have my catalyst control center set to high performance so my cpu runs at max clocks, minimum 1.9mhz base clock, turbo 3.2

everything is running between 1.9 and 2.7 mhz approx before i start emulation, a few seconds into emulation all 4 cores clock down to 1.4mhz-1.9mhz, it cant pass 1.9?,untill i shut off emulation and everything returns to normal high performance, this is causeing game to range from 8 fps to 60 fps, plz help, thank you

all settings are lowest possible, game is still in that small box and its low fps, it must be cpu related?
is the cpu not able to activate turbo or go past 1.9mhz with dolphin?

its still integrated video cards, i think theres 2 of them or something wierd,but it says 2gb dedicated.

hopefully you can see my sig, just made account.

before and after pics are attached.
Looks like your thermal margin is so low, that anything kicking it into high power will cause the same thing.

wombat44

so if i was to play counter strike source on this thing, and i checked clocks on another screen it would read 1.4-1.9mhz too? because i noticed it goes from 100fps to 30 fps alot