Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to grab new version, crash on startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, been using 4.0-2024 for a couple weeks and and everything's been good, trying to grab 4.0-2476 tonight and it won't even launch. Every time i attempt to launch it just crashes.
Do you have the latest drivers and windows updates installed?
Weird. Tried running it as Admin?
Everything is up to date, running as admin didn't help Sad
This may be related to the memory card bug. Under Options, under the gamecube info, switch over on the pulldown for memory cards to use the GC folder. Yours saves will get transfered over.
(08-11-2014, 02:50 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]This may be related to the memory card bug. Under Options, under the gamecube info, switch over on the pulldown for memory cards to use the GC folder. Yours saves will get transfered over.

Sorry, little confusing, what exactly do you want me to try?
This:
[Image: n12cSsA.png]
Thanks, tried but it didn't help. For some reason i have a feeling it has something to do with ROM data that's saved, is there anyway i can wipe all that without destroying my saves?
Delete all the files in the Dolphin Emulator folder under Documents except for the save folders. GC games saves are under the GC folder, can't remember where Wii games are saved.
If that doesn't work, right click on the game when in Dolphin and click on Properties. Under Info tab, click on Compute MD5 Hashsum. Then compare it to what it should be (Do a google search of the game's MD5 sum)
Hmm it was something in the cache folder, deleting it fixed the problem and the new version seems to work fine.

It destroyed my save states but the normal saves are fine so it should be all good. Thanks for the help.