Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Help with Dolphin Settings and Games and Recommendations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

devildante

What games can I run or not run on Dolphin, or if I can't run it at all, and with what GPU settings for Dolphin, or if I can run Dolphin at all?

My systems specs:
Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
System: HP Pavilion 17 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD A8-4500M APU Quad-Core (4 CPUs) ~1.9 Ghz
Graphics (GPU): AMD Radeon 7640G HD
Memory: 4096 MB
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Dolphin Build: Dolphin SVN R 6515 x86 L102 ICC

Games:

BMX XXX
Charlie's Angels
Super Mario Strikers
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Timesplitters 2

If I could run it, what games could I play, and DirectX or OpenGL?

Any recommendations would come in handy.
Just so you know, any Dolphin revision older than 4.0.2 is not supported. Furthmore, the latest development revisions should be pretty fast, so check them out.

Honestly, no matter what settings you use, you'll most likely encounter slowdowns. The only game I can say for certain that will run pretty well is TimeSplitter's 2, since it is a very lightweight game. Everything else may not run enjoyably.
Actually, he could have a chance with SSBM (on solo player of course).
(08-08-2014, 03:03 AM)devildante Wrote: [ -> ]or if I can run Dolphin at all?

The best advice we can give you is to get a new CPU. Yours won't do the job with Dolphin

devildante

I was running Charlie's Angels on it and the slowest FPS was only about 30, and my average is about 50-60 FPS. SSBM gives me only about 20-30 FPS average. Same with Super Mario Strikers, which again gave me about 20-30 FPS average. BMX XXX gave me about 30-40 FPS. So after doing the FPS testing, Charlie's Angels and Timesplitters 2 I can confirm will work with my configuration.
Well, if you find those speeds playable, have a nice play. (Note that some games are capped to 30 FPS when in gameplay, and others simply use 60).