Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [SOLVED] Random flickering issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing paper mario TTYD yesterday and during my play through the power cut off. Once power was restored, I turned on my PC and attempted to play again. The game begins to flicker and the FPS drops once the game is started and its very unplayable. I recorded the flickering with my phone: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8578...7_0912.mp4 and the quality sucks but the flickering is noticable. It only happens in this game and not on super mario sunshine or tales of symphonia.
Things I did:
Removed and reinstalled GPU drivers
Tried latest dolphin build
Tried latest dolphin stable build
Deleted the dolphin emulator folder and generated a new one
Re-dumped the game via cleanrip

I tried playing on my brothers laptop and there was no flickering. What could be the cause?

EDIT: Build 4.0-2488 fixes the stuttering for me
It didn´t drop FPS on your brother´s PC probably because his CPU is stronger and faster than yours. But settings could also be a detemining point.

Post the settings you used when the game started to flicker.
(08-08-2014, 02:38 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]It didn´t drop FPS on your brother´s PC probably because his CPU is stronger and faster than yours. But settings could also be a detemining point.

Post the settings you used when the game started to flicker.

The settings didn't matter as using a clean install of dolphin triggered the flickering too. Never happened to me before and the only settings I used were EFB to RAM and internal resolution was window size on Direct3D (latest build)
4.0.2 isn´t latest build. 4.0-2474 is.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Dolphin stores its settings in "My Documents\Dolphin Emulator", reinstalling is NOT going to reset your settings. Rename that folder to "Dolphin Emulator.old", reopen Dolphin and see what happens.
(08-08-2014, 04:47 AM)jimbo1qaz Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin stores its settings in "My Documents\Dolphin Emulator", reinstalling is NOT going to reset your settings. Rename that folder to "Dolphin Emulator.old", reopen Dolphin and see what happens.

Yeah I did that already @jimbo I know I tried stable and the latest and still flickering.