Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Emulator UI that can be controlled via the wiimote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi at all Smile

I have hooked up my pc to a 42" plasma tv, I'm using Nintendo's Wiimote + Nunchuck to play.
Now when I want to play another game or change some setting e.g. frameskip, I have to walk to my pc, switch video output to pc tft, select another game, switch video output back to plasma, walk to my couch and then notice that I forgot to change another option Confused

Is there any chance that you could program a nice and simpler, Wiimote controlled version of the user interface?

I really Heart the user interface of the Surreal64 emulator for the Xbox:
[Image: surreal64u8ea.jpg]

I know that most of you play Wii games in front of the pc anyway using your mouse and keyboard or some gamepad, so to those this wouldn't matter but to me and maybe also others it would be a big improement.Idea

And speaking of Surreal64 and Xbox, while your at work coding the new user interface could you please port Dolphin to the Xbox360, that would make things even easier, since my 360 stand right next to my plasma tv Tongue

And by the way thanks for that amazing emulator, I have already 40 stars in Super Mario Galaxy and not one single freeze, thanks again for your good work.

Oh and when I'm dead in SMG, after I choose "Save and quit", is there any other way to continue playing then to esc out of the game, stop and start it again?
BUY A WIRELESS MOUSE

Fat ass
(08-19-2009, 04:47 AM)sanni Wrote: [ -> ]And speaking of Surreal64 and Xbox, while your at work coding the new user interface could you please port Dolphin to the Xbox360, that would make things even easier, since my 360 stand right next to my plasma tv Tongue

i sure hope your joking about that

also, it would be useful, but a waste of time, if you want one, feel free to make one
If coding was as easy as this guy thinks it is, I would be a professional already :p
im aboot to slap whoever voted yes
We have a small plan of possibly creating our own Wiimenu for dolphin, but that plan is a long ways away.
Wii menu is not enough? WTF? Get your ass to dump WiiOS from your Wii!
(08-19-2009, 04:53 AM)abfab126 Wrote: [ -> ]BUY A WIRELESS MOUSE

Fat ass

Thanks for the insult but that would be pointless, since having a wiimote in the right and a nunchuck in the left hand gives me no possibilities to handle a mouse other then with my Heart an that would be kinda odd.

(08-19-2009, 04:58 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]i sure hope your joking about that
Yes I was Tongue but like every joke this one has a little bit of truth in it. Since the X360 also has a PowerPc based CPU and an ATI graphic card like the Wii, I could imagine that Dolphin would even run better on the 360 than on a PC.

(08-19-2009, 05:51 AM)omegadox Wrote: [ -> ]We have a small plan of possibly creating our own Wiimenu for dolphin, but that plan is a long ways away.

That sounds great Smile
A functional gui that looks like an actual Wii would be really astonishing

But I also have another suggestion:

The Home Button is pretty useless right now so you could map a small popup gui to it like the Xbox 360 guide button.

So when you are ingame you press Home and the emulator pauses and shows this menue, which is controllable via the Wiimote
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1129]
At the right it shows that your setting for frameskip is 2. if you click on it it changes to 3 and so on, same with the watchdog.

(08-19-2009, 05:54 AM)nosound97 Wrote: [ -> ]Wii menu is not enough? WTF? Get your ass to dump WiiOS from your Wii!

The WiiOS can't do the things I need, in fact it can't do anything usefull right now imo, so I don't understand why you are pointing in that direction.
If you want Dolphin on 360, you need to write this in a PPC C++ Compiler and change how the JIT works. If anyone can crack the 360 security, then homebrew could be done on 360, else it would be hard to port Dolphin when using the Game Studio since its limited to XNA Framework, etc.