Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problems running games at decent FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'll keep my message short.

From time to time I've dropped by and downloaded the latest available build on this site, trying off my gamecube games on the PC (as then I can use my X360 controller). But I got a problem with FPS, and as I know it's in development, my FPS always drops under 20, and I've heard people getting fairly better FPS, making it less laggy on the games I play.

The games I play are Metroid Prime, Zelda wind waker, Super mario sunshine and Melee and in Melee at the menu I get 50FPS, but ingame I get 10-20fps (mostly around 10) which makes it hardly playable.

My speccs are:
AMD Athlon Dual Core 5200+ 2,6Ghz
Corsair 3Gb RAM
Gainward Geforce 8600GT 256Mb

Is this a common problem around the current devs, or is it just me which cannot in the world get it run smoother on my PC?
make sure dual core is enabled in the config and other audio is unticked in the hle settings
(08-19-2009, 04:42 AM)krypking Wrote: [ -> ]make sure dual core is enabled in the config and other audio is unticked in the hle settings

I went into config and ironicly I had missed checking enable dual core, I unchecked Enable other audio (throttle) in DSP and it now works better in super mario sunshine, but I get 7fps in Melee now, from 20-50 to 7..

I also get 30 fps in the metroid prime menu, but whenever the actual menu comes up in any way it drops to 2fps. The game itself runs at 10-40 FPS (but still a bit irritating as the first level is giving me 10fps whenever it's seen, but far better than before when it ran at 0-20).
do you have a 32 or 64 bit os?
(08-19-2009, 05:21 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a 32 or 64 bit os?
32, but I plan on (using Win7 32bit) Windows 7 64 bit whenever I buy some new parts for my pc.
if you can use 64 bit, 32 bit wii emulation has to complete twice as many cycles as 64 bit (i believe)

cmccmc

32-bit can process 32 bits at a time while 64 bit processes 64 bits at a time
(08-19-2009, 05:41 AM)cmccmc Wrote: [ -> ]32-bit can process 32 bits at a time while 64 bit processes 64 bits at a time
Okay, I'll upgrade to 64bit ASAP then, I'll however upgrade with something more like Intel quad core, 4 gb ram and a geforce 9800 later on so. :3