Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Open Gl just opens Black screen But audio still works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Questblade

So I recently built a computer and it is pretty beefy but no super computer and can all wii/gamecube games full speed but with Dx9 and DX11 i get some graphics bugs and i heard that Open Gl looks the best and has the most options for AA so i want to run that but when ever i run a game it plays the games audio but the screen just stays black but on my old laptop it worked but that thing could bardly handle gamecube at native resolutions what should i do do i need to have a certian driver ETC. Plz help Sad
It means MSAA or some kind of AA is forced on in your driver. Turn that off and it'll start working.

Questblade

(08-06-2014, 01:38 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It means MSAA or some kind of AA is forced on in your driver. Turn that off and it'll start working.

i turned of the AA and tried all the other AA setting but none of them work same result

UPDATE works will all post processing effects but not without one...?
Make sure you have the latest driver for you video card. Then, open up Nvidia Control Panel and make sure under 3D settings, under dolphin, you don't have any settings enabled. Keep those all at default, and only change settings inside Dolphin.

Also, update to the latest version of the dev builds
Today I actually got the same problem. I just updated to the newest Dolphin revision and it happened.
I tried reinstalling my video card drivers and even updating them to the latest Beta drivers but nothing fixed it.

I found out I can play the game if I use the "Render to Main Window" option. Switching back to external window gives black screen with audio again.
Is this a bug in the latest revisions or is there something wrong in my video card drivers?
May be related to issue: https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...il?id=7568

That issue specifically says linux though.
That's exactly the problem i'm having actually, and since I use Ubuntu 14.04 the Linux part checks out too.
I'm switching to Arch Linux this week so I will check if I have the same problem on there.
Ooh btw the issue still appears on Dolphin 4.0-2581