Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Real memcard crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ever since the memcard timings If you use the emulated memcard (not the folders) after any data is saved to it, and then you exit with esc Dolphin will crash, some dev's are saying it's fixed, but their completely wrong and the issue still persists. How do I know? If the memcard is not written to, and you exit, no crash...
It's not the memcard timing build. It's was an unrelated threading change. I can 100% confirm the crash isn't fixed, but it has nothing to do with the write speed timing change.
(08-06-2014, 08:49 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It's not the memcard timing build. It's was an unrelated threading change. I can 100% confirm the crash isn't fixed, but it has nothing to do with the write speed timing change.
but then why does it not crash if you do not write to the memcard?
There was a threading change for how memcards flushed data; that's where the problem came in almost 100 builds before (or after? I know it was one or the other Wink). Try using the GCI folder feature, that works around the threading issue but still uses the new memcard changes.
Alright, I think I'll switch to the folders.