Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Lines in game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. I'm running into a problem here that I'm having in Target Terror when going above native resolution. I'm attaching 2 pictures of the problem taken with Dolphin's screenshot tool.

It seems like Dolphin is having issues upscaling this game. I get these upscaling lines in both video backends. I tried a bunch of video hacks like screwing around with xfb, etc. but I can't remedy it. I had this exact problem in Epic Mickey, but it was fixed by enabling progressive scan, bt doing that with this game doesn't do anything.

This issue also occurs in Cruisin, on the fmv crowd that renders at the beginning of the races. Target Terror is based heavily on this fmv because the enemies in the game are rendered the same exact way, and so is the scrolling backgrounds.

I'm still new to Dolphin so does someone know what could be causing this?
If it's mostly 2D graphics, upscaling won't work well. The game itself wasn't overly exact when putting together the sprites/rendering, so when you up the resolution, you up the needed accuracy for everything to line up. If the game itself wasn't designed for it and you start seeing problems, there's nothing we can do about it.
Try using an integer value for IR, if that doesn't fix it use an older build than dolphin-master-4.0-1192-x64, like 4.0.2 stable and see if that fix it. It might be related to https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...93&q=lines.
(08-04-2014, 07:04 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Try using an integer value for IR, if that doesn't fix it use an older build than dolphin-master-4.0-1192-x64, like 4.0.2 stable and see if that fix it. It might be related to https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/is...93&q=lines.

Hey thankyou for both responses.

Yea you were right, that bug you put a link to is def. the issue. Switched to a dolphin version before that and the problem is solved in both games.

ThanksSmile