Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The Bane of My Existence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Strange, Shonumi. I just ran the Dolphin benchmark and I got 15 minutes 59 seconds.

According to this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...Fa1E#gid=0

...the processor is actually emulating the game better than the Wii.

The chart looks to be adjusted for emulator difficulties (i.e. takes twice the processor power to match original emulation). So why isn't the CPU good enough?
Some games require more hardware power than others. While the benchmark delroth made is good as a general indicator of Dolphin performance, it does not predict how every processor and hardware combo will handle every game. The only way to benchmark how a CPU would perform in your game of choice would be to test that game of choice. Since delroth's POVray is not SMG2, it won't predict how SMG2 will run.

All games are different and require Dolphin to emulate various aspects of Nintendo's hardware to varying degrees. The benchmark only serves as an approximate estimate, and was largely constructed to test the differences between CPU, such as documenting the 30% increase in performance from Ivy Bridge to Haswell in Dolphin. So basically, one test does not fit all. For that specific test you were faster than a Wii. For every other game? We can guess, but we can't say certainly with only that benchmark.
Pages: 1 2