Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Seeing as the 12th oldest remaining bug in Dolphin was fixed not long ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Icekhaos

...Could we perhaps organize a lich hunt for a specific week, dedicated to killing these old bugs that have haunted us for years and decades? I imagine it'd be quite a large kick to the base of Dolphin, and a healthy one considering that suddenly things that have been broken on the PC for who knows how long suddenly work.

Just throwing ideas here, but I'd like to see this happen. Whichever week the 22nd of September for that year is in, perhaps? To celebrate Dolphin's birthday as well, not to mention giving it presents.
Fixing old bugs isn't that easy; it's usually a culmination of research, work, and often a lot of luck.

The oldest remaining bug in Dolphin was fixed at some point as well, since going onto the issue tracker reveals that we've jumped up. Fixing the gamma setting in games for the next oldest bug is probably not going to be plausible without a ton of work.
Actually, fixing the gamma setting bug in particular is easy since the cause of that issue is well-known. It's just that no one wants to do the work.
Way to go and ruin my excuse Tongue. But seriously, bugs usually just aren't fixed out of the blue. More often than not someone gets pissed off at a bug and then goes in.

Icekhaos

(08-03-2014, 06:12 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go and ruin my excuse Tongue. But seriously, bugs usually just aren't fixed out of the blue. More often than not someone gets pissed off at a bug and then goes in.

Meaning users also exist that are even more pissed off by said old bugs. I'm just saying that a week (Dolphin's birthday week that year) should be dedicated to the research and solution of old issues, to kill the "liches" in the code.
neobrain: is the gamma correction done on scanout or on the xfb copy?
If I recall correctly, on the XFB copy via the vertical filtering feature. It should be mentioned in the issue report, anyway.