Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New passive cooling system: Silent Power PC.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.gizmag.com/silent-power-pc-pa...ing/33145/

The designers claims this cooling system can keep the computer below 50°C. With an i7-4785T and GTX 760 this could run most games on dolphin reasonably well, I think. I'm looking forward to seeing reviews and stresstests of this. Possibly and option for a new gaming-htpc.

What do you think?
(08-06-2014, 07:18 AM)Drahsid Wrote: [ -> ]You don't want your PC temperature to be too low, as if it is too low below the room temperature it will condensate and put your hardware at risk.
This would be a fine PC if your not somewhere much mote hot than 50°C.

That would violate basic laws of thermodynamics. If the ambient temperature rises, the temperature of the system will rise (in the absence of doing work on the system, as with a refrigeration unit, Peltier unit, etc.) This just relies on passive heat transfer so it would be impossible for it to become colder than the ambient environment.
(08-06-2014, 07:18 AM)Drahsid Wrote: [ -> ]You don't want your PC temperature to be too low, as if it is too low below the room temperature it will condensate and put your hardware at risk.
This would be a fine PC if your not somewhere much mote hot than 50°C.

You're thinking too hard. You only have to worry about condensation when you are bringing something new into the computer that isn't in the environment. If they designed a PC that connected to your water line, used Ice, or liquid nitrogen, etc, then you might have a problem. But this is just a regular passive cooler