Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Remote Plus looses Connection with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack within 5 seconds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Pendel0682

Hello all Dolphin Users and Fans,

I'm new in this forum, but I am browsing it for a little while now, because usually you find the answer you are seeking for. But I can't find any solution to my problem.

I was able to play with my motion plus integrated wiimote for the past weeks without any problems. I followed this guide to connect my wiimote with the pc: https://de.dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/w...ion-guide/

Like I said. It all worked fine. But suddenly I can't connect the wiimote to the PC anymore. If I start the connection process to the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack I click add new connection --> press the sync button in the battery compartment of the wiimote --> Bluetooth Stack finds the Wiimote --> adds and entry to the bluetooth devices window and for a short period of time the connection symbol (twisted wires) appear. The blue LEDs on the wiimote keep on blinking. But after 5 seconds or less the connection gets lost. Sometimes the LEDs continue to blink, sometimes not.

In the past at this point I went to Dolphin and opened the Wiimote menu and only had to click OK to close the Wiimote Menu window again. The Wiimote shaked and it had established a stable connection with only the first LED on. But this no longer works as the connection is already lost before.

I tried several different things already. I reinstalled both Dolphin and the Bluetooth Stack, tried older Versions of the Bluetooth Stack (I am currently using v9.10.15). I changed the batteries in the Wiimote. I am sure it is not Dolphin related as I am loosing the connection between the Wiimote and the Bluetooth Stack earlier in the process. But maybe some of you guys experienced the same problem and have a work around or a definite solution.

Thanks so far.

Pendel0682

I found this solution by velo (https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/User-velo): Thanks a thousand time. It worked instantly. But I had to navigate through several pages of different threads to find this simple solution. It would be great if this hint is added to the Toshiba Stack description of the link I posted in the first post:

"I know this thread is old, but to give possible readers a clue:
be careful when synching with Toshiba stack: press 1+2 and wait till blinking is over. Afterwards press any button, for example "A" (no leds blink this time) and THEN go on with the installation.
The WiiRemote Plus will remain connected then Smile

It is old but much overlooked glitch

edit: if it states "Bluetooth not ready" just plug out & -in your dongle "