Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Latest Geforce Updates Crash Dolphin using Gamestream (Nvidia Shield)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

coffincolors

I am using Dolphin 4.0 - not sure which 4 digit revision number as I changed the folder name - this is in the About: C25BE031FC1031D795157D8344B87B7841145197

Prior to the Geforce Experience update 2.1.1.0 and Geforce driver update 340.52 I was able to launch Dolphin without issues through steam big picture and the Nvidia Shield TegraZone application. This update also included/required an update to the Nvidia android application renaming TegraZone to the Nvidia Hub. When I attempt to open Dolphin while streaming I get an immediate crash (...Dolphin.exe has stopped working. A problem has occurred. Please close the program...).

I rolled back drivers, reinstalled Geforce Experience 2.1.0.0 and uninstalled the TegraZone updates from the Shield itself and I am able to open the application again without issue (With the 337.88 graphics driver). Of course I would like to update- I hope that by posting this someone can narrow down the cause. My next attempt will be installing the graphics driver update on its own without the new Geforce Experience and see if it can launch. I will post the results when I get home.

In the meantime, any ideas?
First of all, get Dolphin from our site - https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ 4.0 is not exactly supported anymore, as the latest stable is 4.0.2. You would be using at least 4.0.2 if you got it from here, instead of that other place.

Then use the latest dev build and try it and see what happens.

coffincolors

I tried updating just the graphics driver to 340.52 and it launches fine so the problem (at least with that revision) is tied to the Geforce Experience 2.1.1.0 update. I will try the latest revision after updating and put the results in this post.
Since this topic is open, I was wondering... A bit ago, Nvidia released a driver that bugged up something in Open GL, making it much slower for Dolphin. Has the latest release changed that?
Latest NVIDIA drivers work fine in OGL for me.

juanjo18x

DOLPHIN 4.0.2 is not currently compatible with the latest Geforce Drives/Experience, any solution to use gamestream??
Use the latest dev builds. They have 2000+ changes that make it faster and more stable

juanjo18x

(08-20-2014, 11:25 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Use the latest dev builds. They have 2000+ changes that make it faster and more stable

The latest dev builds versions do not solve the problem, when i attempt to open Dolphin while streaming I get an immediate crash (...Dolphin.exe has stopped working. A problem has occurred. Please close the program...), please help!