Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: will call of duty finest hour run smooth on my computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys just wondering if call of duty finest hour will run smooth on my computer i play a bit and it was really laggy
my computer info is
processor intel ® core ™ i7-4700MQ CPU @2.40GHZ 2.40GHZ
installed memory 16 GB
system type 64 bit operating system x64 based processor if it runs smoothly what settings do you suggest
I don't think it will run THAT smooth because Dolphin only utilizes 2 cores of your CPU..
(07-29-2014, 04:21 PM)Kipston Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it will run THAT smooth because Dolphin only utilizes 2 cores of your CPU..

Oh, boy, the amount of assumptions required to reach this conclusion must've really challenged you. I'd never be able to assume that hard, no matter how hard I try.

OP, it should be fine. Did you set the CPU core to interpreter, by chance? Or possibly set audio to LLE? Those can make crap really, really slow. I don't know this game, so it might be a really heavy game.

Also, you might want to fill out ALL of your computer's information.
(07-29-2014, 05:11 PM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, boy, the amount of assumptions required to reach this conclusion must've really challenged you. I'd never be able to assume that hard, no matter how hard I try.
Elaborate, Sherlock.
What kinkin means is that just because Dolphin uses only 2 cores (out of 4) doesn´t mean that the OP will not enjoy his/her games full speed using that processor.

Yes, that model is a bit old (a year and some months?) but it´s still powerful. He can push it to 3.4 GHz using Intel TurboBoost and has the top-of-the-line Intel IGP, HD Graphics 4600 which is enough for 2X IR in most games (1-1.5X IR if playing demanding titles).

EDIT: OP, you may want to upgrade to latest Dolphin dev build for better results (4.0-2319).
This game is very very demanding. There's no chance it runs smoothly on a laptop