Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: No more 32 bit dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not making those anymore im still using 32 bit pc until i can afford a new one with 64bit. Not everyone has a 64bit pc.
Your PC is 64bit if it's a Core2duo or newer Intel processor, and on Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8, your license key for Windows will work on a 64bit version.
I dont have 64 bit the pc im using is 32 bit operating system i don't think it will work.
You can legally download ISOs hosted from a Microsoft partner (Digital River if I recall correctly) if you have a product key for Windows 7. You can upgrade to the 64-bit version in that case.

EDIT: For Windows 8, I dunno really how you would do that without access to an install disk :p
On Windows 8, 32bit and 64bit are interchangeable and included together. Windows will automatically install 64bit if your computer is capable and you have to force it to install 32bit.

Even MS is sick of this legacy 32bit tail.
(07-29-2014, 12:21 PM)vegeta99 Wrote: [ -> ]I dont have 64 bit the pc im using is 32 bit operating system i don't think it will work.

It probably can run 64 bit windows, and to tell for sure, why don't you give us the exact model of your cpu? You just have intel put down in your profile.
Something is wrong. In your profile you said you have 6 GB of RAM. You can't use more than 4 GB with 32 bits. Also, if you have a mobo capable of 6 GB of RAM then it's almost certainly that your processor also run 64 bit. Just upgrade your OS...
(07-29-2014, 05:49 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Something is wrong. In your profile you said you have 6 GB of RAM. You can't use more than 4 GB with 32 bits. Also, if you have a mobo capable of 6 GB of RAM then it's almost certainly that your processor also run 64 bit. Just upgrade your OS...

You can actually, the system just won't be able to address more than that. You can even actually use more than that, by using it for a ram disk.
(07-29-2014, 06:14 PM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-29-2014, 05:49 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Something is wrong. In your profile you said you have 6 GB of RAM. You can't use more than 4 GB with 32 bits. Also, if you have a mobo capable of 6 GB of RAM then it's almost certainly that your processor also run 64 bit. Just upgrade your OS...

You can actually, the system just won't be able to address more than that. You can even actually use more than that, by using it for a ram disk.

x86 can't see anything past 3.5GB and will refuse to let you use anything past that. RAMDisks included.
Pages: 1 2