Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Wind Waker fps drops with Hypatia textures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HazNut

Hi, I'm trying to run Wind Waker with Hypatia's HD Texture Pack, and sometimes when I turn the camera to look behind me, where lots of stuff is going on, the game 'freezes' and drops frames significantly for around a second, as if the game is reloading textures if I haven't looked at that area for a while. I can comfortably run the game without the texture pack at the highest resolution and settings, although with 4x SSAA (texture pack needs to be run at DX9), but when using the texture pack, no matter what settings I use, it will always happen. I'm thinking about buying an SSD as my hard drive is getting really full, and is there a chance it might prevent this issue?

Edit: I just looked at this thread, seems to have the same problem as me. When is this new system estimated to be implemented?
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-hy...ht=hypatia

pumab9

(07-29-2014, 05:40 AM)HazNut Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I'm trying to run Wind Waker with Hypatia's HD Texture Pack, and sometimes when I turn the camera to look behind me, where lots of stuff is going on, the game 'freezes' and drops frames significantly for around a second, as if the game is reloading textures if I haven't looked at that area for a while. I can comfortably run the game without the texture pack at the highest resolution and settings, although with 4x SSAA (texture pack needs to be run at DX9), but when using the texture pack, no matter what settings I use, it will always happen. I'm thinking about buying an SSD as my hard drive is getting really full, and is there a chance it might prevent this issue?

Edit: I just looked at this thread, seems to have the same problem as me. When is this new system estimated to be implemented?
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-hy...ht=hypatia

any solution? haveing the same problem, the texture pack makes fps drops when they load while turning camera, is there a way maybe to load all of them at once? It eats only 4GB of ram
Prefetch textures?
Please don't revive old threads (see the Global Forum Rules about Necroposting). It would be best if you created your own thread if you're having an issue.