Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AR codes recommended on the Wiki page not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tg1489

Hey everyone,

I am trying to play Legend of Zelda WindWaker on the Dolphin 4.0.2. Everything is fine really I can max the game out with no problems but there is a known issue mentioned here https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=Windwaker

The widescreen hack causes objects to disappear on the sides of the screen. I followed the instructions how to fix it exactly.

-My cheats are enabled
-Forced 16:9 aspect ratio
-When I go to AR codes I click add then I copy/paste the box on the wiki page into it then click ok.
-After when I click ok instead of it being this:

D3MC-RD04-JACXK
G1N3-CXH2-TMF6K

it turns to this:

043FA998 3FE38E39

I dont know if thats normal or not but the fix doesnt work for me either way. Anybody know what I am doing wrong?
The wiki page also states the bug you are running into was fixed after 4.0.2. You'll need to update to a newer version.
That is normal, but you have to remember to turn off the widescreen hack for the AR code to work correctly.

tg1489

(07-26-2014, 04:46 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The wiki page also states the bug you are running into was fixed after 4.0.2. You'll need to update to a newer version.

That is the latest stable version I dont know what you are talking about.

(07-27-2014, 08:28 AM)Armada Wrote: [ -> ]That is normal, but you have to remember to turn off the widescreen hack for the AR code to work correctly.

Thank you I didn't know that
(07-28-2014, 04:30 AM)tg1489 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-26-2014, 04:46 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The wiki page also states the bug you are running into was fixed after 4.0.2. You'll need to update to a newer version.

That is the latest stable version I dont know what you are talking about.

They mean update to one of the dev versions, like this one(The latest at the time I am typing this): https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/83c...0f71c4255/