Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: which OpenGL version is used in Dolphin 4.0 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aldozx

2.1 or 3.3 ?

btw,

which openGL used dolphin previous releases example 3.5 ?

thanks
Dolphin 3.5 required OpenGL 2.1 I think since we only used crap ARB shaders that were compiled with Nvidia CG.
Dolphin 4.0 required OpenGL 3.0 + ARB_sampler_objects(GL 3.3)
Current master requires OpenGL 3.1 + ARB_sampler_objects

We of course use features up to OpenGL 4.4 if the graphics driver exposes them.
(07-25-2014, 07:48 PM)Sonicadvance1 Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin 4.0 required OpenGL 3.0 + ARB_sampler_objects(GL 3.3)
Current master requires OpenGL 3.1 + ARB_sampler_objects

So I notice (e.g. as it runs with mesa). Can someone please correct the FAQ page that says that 4.4 is required? :-)
Dolphin FAQ Wrote:Compared to processors, choosing a GPU for Dolphin is a fairly simple task. The more powerful the graphics card, the more pixels and enhancements you can throw at it before you’ll see slowdown. However, the biggest thing to watch for is making sure the GPU supports DirectX11.1 and OpenGL 4.4. Dolphin emulates a console that functions very differently from a traditional PC, and uses the latest D3D and OGL features to reduce overhead. If you do not have those extensions, performance will suffer.

That doesn't say "required". I suppose we could add a minimum to that to clear it clearer...
(07-27-2014, 11:41 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]
Dolphin FAQ Wrote:[...] making sure the GPU supports DirectX11.1 and OpenGL 4.4.

That doesn't say "required". I suppose we could add a minimum to that to clear it clearer...

I think that (or some form of wording clarification, anyway) would help... I certainly misread the above to mean "required'.

Thanks.