Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What is meant by "use OGL" ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

skysignor

I'm trying to speed up the framerate on smash bros melee and I read the sticky HOW TO SPEED UP GAMES and tried everything listed in there and the highest fps i can get smash melee to is 20-24 (that's during a match, on the menu screens it stays around 50). The one thing I haven't tried yet is "use OGL" but it wasn't explained what OGL is or how to use it or where to get it, etc... if anyone could be more specific about this I'd appreciate it. Or if anyone has general advice about getting smash to run faster that wasn't on the stickies that would be great, too.

my specs -
geforce 9800 gtx+
1.5 gigs of ram
windows xp sp3
1.8 ghz processor
OGL is Dolphin's OpenGL graphics plugin, it works faster and better than Direct3D one, use that plugin. Also, is your CPU single core or dual core?

skysignor

I have a single processor. And it turns out I already had the Open GL plug in selected.

Any other advice?
Your CPU is not powerful enough to run games at full speed, Dual core is highly recommended to have, you won't get better speed with your CPU