Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can i hold 60 fps somehow?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gladdos

I want to play Super Smash Bros Meele, i downloaded dophin and everything worked and it was 60 fps, but when stuff get messy ingame it drops to like 35-45, its annoying to play like that..
My specs:

Intel E6300 2,8 GHz Dual Core
4 gigabytes of ram DDR2
And nVidia GTS 250 @ 512mb DDR3

I know that isn't good, but still i thought it could run this perfectly imo.. Could maybe OC for CPU help anything? Im not planning to play 4 player, ik that it requires more, i was planning on playing 1v1 with my brother. Could it be done to be constantly 60 or at least 50 but constantly?

Thanks in advance.
Quote:Could maybe OC for CPU help anything?
Everything
If you overclock your CPU speed by 20% , you will gain 20% performance in Dolphin
I got 60FPS with E5300 @ 3.6GHz

gladdos

I know its too much to ask, but how much you think i can go from 2,8ghz for safe overclock? Tbh im not that good with money so if i f**k up something i cant buy new piece nor computer, its E6300 @ 2,8GHz.
Quote:safe overclock
There is no such thing for Core 2 duo / Phenom II / 1st gen i3 i5 and non-k i7
Those CPU that I listed above have to overclock via BCLK
_Modern CPUs overclock by increasing multiplier . So that you can overclock CPU only .

_BCLK OC means you have to increase baseclock to overclock -> Overclock all components (include Mobo , Ram) , not only CPU . This method was outdated and not safe . Usually , the mobo and ram will die first . CPU is safe as long as you don't go overboard with Vcore (keep Vcore under 1.35V , lower Vcore = less heat = safer OC)
don`t bother OC that CPU.

What motherboard model you have? if it supports 45 nm cpus get a Core 2 Duo E8X00, the highest you can get in the E8000 line and you`ll get the precious 60 FPS you want but beware:

- get it cheap, not worth paying too much for it
- forget quad or Xrteme ones, they are going to be more expensive and will not improve much

or if you have $$$ get a new CPU+MOBO+RAM combo