Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin disconnects me from the internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lucarionite

Sooo i downloaded project m (brawl mod) and every time i host/join a netplay session it disconnects me from the internet... i looked everywhere on the internet no one seems to have the issue
(07-16-2014, 12:05 PM)Lucarionite Wrote: [ -> ]Sooo i downloaded project m (brawl mod) and every time i host/join a netplay session it disconnects me from the internet... i looked everywhere on the internet no one seems to have the issue

Downloading games is against the rules
(07-17-2014, 12:57 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2014, 12:05 PM)Lucarionite Wrote: [ -> ]Sooo i downloaded project m (brawl mod) and every time i host/join a netplay session it disconnects me from the internet... i looked everywhere on the internet no one seems to have the issue

I'm pretty sure he's talking about this http://projectmgame.com/en/, and not a game.
Since Dolphin is an emulator, the legality is on the edge when it comes to games, so we're very sensitive about people who pirate games.
Any talk about downloading a game will result in banning UNLESS the OP specifies that he's only downloading the Project M files and not the ISO of Brawl.

As per the Dolphin forum rules:
(note the bold parts)

Quote:Rules
All users must accept and abide by the following rules when posting in these forums:

Warez/downloading games talk is prohibited and frowned upon. To prevent legal issues, you may not post links or refer to any kind of NAND, BIOS, ISO or game that has been illegally obtained or shared. Furthermore, discussion pertaining to "ROM"s is only allowed when it relates to the DSP. If any post like that is found, the thread containing it will be closed and further support will be revoked. Stating that you've downloaded an ISO will get you banned immediately, no matter if you purchased the game or not. You must legally dump/rip your own games, NAND, BIOS, etc.

Piracy post reporting and forum etiquette: We're not investigating/searching for reasons to ban. Asking too many questions, like, "where did you get the game", is none of your business. Not knowing how to dump a game is not an admission of guilt. If you mention downloading, you get banned. If you don't mention it, nothing happens, we then all assume you own the game. Do not harass forum users or report them unless they admit to downloading illegal content.

If he really is only talking about the Project M files, then he should try using the dedicated netplay branch
KHg8m3r Wrote:Any talk about downloading a game will result in banning UNLESS the OP specifies that he's only downloading the Project M files and not the ISO of Brawl.

No action taken, since the OP never said he/she downloaded Brawl ISO or even a pre-modified Brawl ISO with PM setup. Don't jump the gun guys. This case is ambiguous, and as such, we need further clarification.
I don't see anything in his post indicating that he downloaded an ISO or Game. I do see that he said he downloaded project-m which is the name of a mod.
(07-17-2014, 12:57 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]

(07-17-2014, 02:20 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]No action taken, since the OP never said he/she downloaded Brawl ISO or even a pre-modified Brawl ISO with PM setup. Don't jump the gun guys. This case is ambiguous, and as such, we need further clarification.

That's why I just said downloading games is against the rules and filed a report for an admin to look at it because it's borderline.

I brought up the rules about banning for mentioning downloading for the sake of the OP and lok1, because mentioning downloading is a very touchy subject when there's no clarification
Harr harr ye pirate huntin' mate?
Warnings will be handed out. Talk of piracy at this point is off-topic. Stick to the original question people.
I know a community where this is even worse actually

@OP What router are you using?