Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Question with Ghost Squad and Cruis'n
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys. I'm on the latest svn of Dolphin and I've been testing my rips I added to my PC, and noticed 2 minor issues with 2 titles that are not mentioned on the wiki.

Ghost Squad: The intro movie does not render, I can hear the sound but the screen is just gray. Tried both video back ends and real frame buffer emulation, still no dice. I saw the intro fully working on a Youtube video test of the game though on Dolphin 3.5, so I dunno if it broke from then or my settings are wrong, but like I said the wiki does not have any info.

A very similar problem in Cruis'n, when the game starts, there are 2 movies that are not rendering before getting to the title screen. Hear sound, screen is black.

Currently I'm doing emumovies for these games for the emumovies project so I have no scaling/anistropic filtering going on. Dolphin is at native resolution.

Can someone shed some light on what's going on?
Sometimes FMVs require RealXFB in order to render. Try turning it on before the videos are loaded (if you turn it on during the videos, a lot of times they won't show up.)
(07-15-2014, 04:46 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes FMVs require RealXFB in order to render. Try turning it on before the videos are loaded (if you turn it on during the videos, a lot of times they won't show up.)

Ok, so I got the movie rendering in Ghost Squad by enabling EFB to Ram. XFB didn't do nothing.

This did not work on Cruisin, but it's just the publisher/developer movie not being rendered before the title screen so, not a big deal but again it might be a settings that's off...