Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: how well will dolphin run on my laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey just wondering if my laptop will run smoothly
HP ENVY 17-j010tx Notebook
processor Intel ® core ™ I7-4700MQ CPU @2.40GHZ 2.40ghz
installed memory (ram) 16.0 GB
system type 64[ bit operating system x64 based processor
bit more info I can run resident evil 4 at full speed and also twilight princess but it some places like faron wood it lags a bit
LoZ:TP is very demanding game but your laptop should be able to handle 90% of games.
Only certain areas of LoZ:TP are demanding though. Outside of Hyrule Field and Faron Woods, you shouldn't expect too many slowdowns. LoZ:TP gets a lot of bad rep for being demanding, but in reality, it's not the entire game that's demanding. The Last Story on the other hand...
What other games are you hoping to play? Twilight Princess for me was really smooth - apart from Hyrule Field (after the water temple - when it was completely explored).
(07-14-2014, 03:50 AM)himalayan Wrote: [ -> ]What other games are you hoping to play? Twilight Princess for me was really smooth - apart from Hyrule Field (after the water temple - when it was completely explored).
I will be playing games like resident evil 4 paper Mario thousand year door pikmin Metroid prime new super Mario wii Mario galaxy super Mario sunshine
Your laptop should be able to handle all of those titles perfectly, I have an i5 3570k @ 3.8GHz (which I think is just a bit under the 4700MQ) and so far all the games that I´ve played run 100% smooth..excepting The Last Story, that game is a cluster of fps drops that not even a real Wii can run 100% all the time