Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Possible new project/idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey whats up? Been a while since I've been on here XD.

So my idea is that since the gamecube backup launchers on the wii are horrible and really hard to get working for some reason. Probably because I dont have access to a windows computer to mod my iso backups of all my games. But what if dolphin got its own channel on the wii? It would be pretty cool and get dolphin a little bit more known out there. Well thats my idea.

I'm out. stay golden XP

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Dolphin won't run on a Wii.
Dolphin software kit to make it easier to rip disks, dump DSP, dump NAND, etc? Possible but will take effort.
Slap a Dolphin logo on an existing GC backup loader, implying that they are related? Why on earth would you want to do that? Dolphin is nearly unrelated to GC backup loaders, as Dolphin code only runs on x86 and ARM. GC backup loaders are "custom firmware" (dios mios) or game hooks/virtualization software (devolution, nintendont), not the same thing as emulator.
Quote:Dolphin is nearly unrelated to GC backup loaders, as Dolphin code only runs on x86 and ARM.
There's a generic build option that should run on any (little endian) hardware, albeit at no faster than 1 fps (interpreter+software renderer). It wouldn't run on the wii though.