Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC} Widescreen settings for various games? (not stretched)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know not all games are capable of doing this, but I did see that there a few games, with the right settings. will run in a widescreen ratio with out major distortion. I'm not talking about stretching the image, but letting it render natively in a wide screen ratio.

The games I was hoping most to do this with were:
Zelda Wind Waker
Zelda Skyward Sword
Super Mario Sunshine
Paper Mario Thousand Year Door
Luigi's Mansion
Metroid Prime 1 & 2
Star Fox Adventures
(Tho I am unsure if all of them are capable of what I am talking about)

Could some one tell me how to set up the settings for these games to run this way?

I am a bit of a noob about this, I read about something called "Swiss-GC" and booting with that, but I don't quite understand.
Open the graphics settings and under the advanced tab, you will find the widescreen hack check box. It works better in some games than others. I tried Mario Kart with it recently and it worked pretty well.
(07-06-2014, 04:07 PM)artantaaa Wrote: [ -> ]Open the graphics settings and under the advanced tab, you will find the widescreen hack check box. It works better in some games than others. I tried Mario Kart with it recently and it worked pretty well.

I have, and it leads to stretching of the image. Or in the case of mario sunshine, creates really bad heat wave effect distortion.
I have found some AR 16:9 aspect ratio codes, which seem to help when used in conjunction with the widescreen hack, it helps but I've still seen people run these games in widescreen with a much nicer picture. I just dont know how they do it.
(07-06-2014, 04:17 PM)Edwii Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2014, 04:07 PM)artantaaa Wrote: [ -> ]Open the graphics settings and under the advanced tab, you will find the widescreen hack check box. It works better in some games than others. I tried Mario Kart with it recently and it worked pretty well.

I have, and it leads to stretching of the image. Or in the case of mario sunshine, creates really bad heat wave effect distortion.
I have found some AR 16:9 aspect ratio codes, which seem to help when used in conjunction with the widescreen hack, it helps but I've still seen people run these games in widescreen with a much nicer picture. I just dont know how they do it.

Enable the AR codes but keep the widescreen hack disabled. Follow the wiki instructions by letter.

[/quote]

Enable the AR codes but keep the widescreen hack disabled. Follow the wiki instructions by letter.
[/quote]
I do not know of what wiki guide(s) you speak of, could you link me?
I have tried disabling the hack, but with out the "widescreen hack" checked off everything gets stretched/squished. I do not know what other settings I may need to be using.
I also do not have AR widescreen codes for every game I've mentioned.
The only way is using Swiss
http://s27.postimg.org/wcrt3vbpf/swiss.jpg

gaijingweilo

(07-06-2014, 06:42 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]

link?
(07-07-2014, 10:03 PM)gaijingweilo Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-06-2014, 06:42 PM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]

link?

https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?title=GMSP01