Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my computer run Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tipsylights

i'm not tech savvy at all so I just need to know if my computer can run these gc iso's or not

i'm trying to play fire emblem but the emulation keeps freezing randomly 15-30 seconds in, pretty much crashing dolphin and I don't know why

any setting recommendations are appreciated
If it keeps freezing/crashing you might want to download and run the latest dolphin revision

tipsylights

(07-06-2014, 12:41 PM)linker357 Wrote: [ -> ]If it keeps freezing/crashing you might want to download and run the latest dolphin revision

I tried this and it's still doing the same thing
On Windows 8, I think there is an OS issue when running Dolphin. It hasn't been fixed yet as far as I know. There probably is a workaround, but no one has found any solid leads to my knowledge. If you're unwilling or unable to try or use another OS, that leaves you in a tight spot. Perhaps 8.1 doesn't suffer from this, I don't know, but updating Windows might be the best path.
I don´t have that game, but Dolphin doesn´t crash that much on W8.1 ...
Are you using the Dsound backed? people have been reporting problems with Xaudio2
XAudio2 has been replaced with OpenAL, no?
(07-08-2014, 05:55 AM)gabriel21st Wrote: [ -> ]XAudio2 has been replaced with OpenAL, no?
No is correct

elemein

(07-06-2014, 01:29 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]On Windows 8, I think there is an OS issue when running Dolphin. It hasn't been fixed yet as far as I know. There probably is a workaround, but no one has found any solid leads to my knowledge. If you're unwilling or unable to try or use another OS, that leaves you in a tight spot. Perhaps 8.1 doesn't suffer from this, I don't know, but updating Windows might be the best path.

As an 8.1 user; no issues here!

OP: Try running Dolphin in compatibility mode.
The IS an issue with dolphin in Windows 8/8.1 both. It seems to be tied to which windows update was most recently applied, as far as I've found. Running in compatibility mode will do absolutely nothing to help; fixing the issue is rather confusing and everyone who runs into it ends up fixing it in a different way. The fix I've seen work most often, though, is deleting the shadercache.