Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Random Crashing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Dolphin (version 4.0.2) crashes randomly. It always happens almost the exact same amount of time in (roughly 15 minutes). If I let the game sit it crashes or if I play it crashes and it's always the exact same amount of time of letting it run.

I'm playing Rune Factory Tides of Destiny on Dolphin 4.0.2 my specs are i5 3470, Radeon 6870, 8GB of ram 120GB SSD and Windows 8.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Use one of the dev builds. The latest should be 4.0-2012
Just an FYI as of right now it appears switching to the OPENGL backend fixed the issue. If it happens again I'll report.
Alright it seems to last longer on average but it still crashes after about 20 minutes consistently. I have no idea what causes this.
Sounds like it could be overheating.
(07-06-2014, 01:44 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like it could be overheating.

Wouldn't over heating crash my entire computer not just one program?
Navigate to the Dolphin Folder under My Documents. Delete the Cache folder so that there's no broken files being called by Dolphin.

You might be experiencing the weird windows 8 crash bug that has baffled the devs. They're not sure what causes it, to my knowledge.
(07-06-2014, 01:47 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Navigate to the Dolphin Folder under My Documents. Delete the Cache folder so that there's no broken files being called by Dolphin.

You might be experiencing the weird windows 8 crash bug that has baffled the devs. They're not sure what causes it, to my knowledge.

Cache is empty.

Also, that may be it do you think running it in compatibility mode would help?
Wrong folder. I think KHg8m3r was trying to get you to delete the ShaderCache folder. Just delete the contents and see if that works.
That^, thanks
Pages: 1 2