Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Benchmark - G3258
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

reinou

I don't know where to post this since the benchmark thread is locked, but I figured some of you might want to know how the new unlocked pentium performs in Dolphin, so here it is:

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz
Time: 6 minutes 49 seconds
Screenshot: http://imgur.com/AI9fEMS.jpg

thelod

Wow it seems like that CPU is perfect for a dedicated Dolphin rig.
Guess i'll buy one too Smile
Thanks for posting this. I'm planning on getting one of these too. What are your temps like? Are you using the stock cooler?
...and how is the power consumption of your rig (avg. @load and @idle) compared to stock clocks?
Which mainboard are you using?

The dolphin-compute-power of a G3258 clocked @4GHz would be equal to a 4770K @3.9GHz according to the results of the official benchmark and that one provided by reinou. That's pretty impressive for such a cheap cpu.

reinou

(07-06-2014, 05:20 AM)artantaaa Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for posting this. I'm planning on getting one of these too. What are your temps like? Are you using the stock cooler?
65°C after 12 hours of prime95, but I plan to either push it higher or bring down the voltages a bit. I'm using a Hyper 212+. I heard you can overclock it to ~4.5GHz even on the stock cooler but the temps would get quite high (80°C+).

(07-06-2014, 06:08 AM)tecfreak Wrote: [ -> ]...and how is the power consumption of your rig (avg. @load and @idle) compared to stock clocks?
Which mainboard are you using?

The dolphin-compute-power of a G3258 clocked @4GHz would be equal to a 4770K @3.9GHz according to the results of the official benchmark and that one provided by reinou. That's pretty impressive for such a cheap cpu.
Sorry, don't have anything to measure the power consumption right now. I'm using a MSI Z97 Gaming 5 board, mostly because I want to put a Broadwell in there next year. To be honest, I believe you could easily overclock this chip past 4GHz on any board that supports overclocking. I heard ASUS has enabled overclocking on all of their H and B series boards and MSI seems to have done the same for some of their boards.