Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Low framerates on powerful PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

StakAttak

Hey Dolphin forums, first time posting here. I'm extremely new to this program and was hoping you could help me out. My system specifications are an Intel i7-4770K, GTX 780 SC, and 8GB of Corsair RAM. I've been trying to play Ed, Edd n Eddy: The Mis-Edventures on the Dolphin and I'm getting some pretty bad stuttering audio and inconsistent framerates. I've been trying different settings, scouring forums and all that for a few hours now and I just can't seem to fix it. Closest I've gotten to it being playable is 60 FPS most of the time, but dropping down to 40 FPS when I look down the road in the game (which is most of the game) and the audio creeps along with it. I'm totally new to emulation and I realize some serious hardware is required if you want to run anything smoothly, but I feel like with my hardware I should be able to get a constant 60 FPS, shouldn't I? If not, I can limit the FPS to 30 if I really have to. Just figured I'd make a thread here first to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong here.

Thanks in advance.
Upgrade to a recent revision and tell us if it still happens.

StakAttak

(07-05-2014, 01:03 PM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrade to a recent revision and tell us if it still happens.
Isn't 4.0.2 the latest version? That's what I'm running.
He means a developer version from the master branch.

StakAttak

(07-05-2014, 01:09 PM)yl-smash Wrote: [ -> ]He means a developer version from the master branch.
Wow, I don't really understand why that worked, but I'm getting 60fps almost 100% of the time now. Thank you!
That game is actually pretty demanding too, I stumbled upon it and found that out.