Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Chromecast support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any chance there could be a possibilty of adding Chromecast functionality within Dolphin? I have the pc in the bedroom so it would be nice to play it on the living room which is where I have the Chromecast connected without having to move stuff around everytime by a click of a button.
(07-04-2014, 02:25 AM)sektor Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance there could be a possibilty of adding Chromecast functionality within Dolphin? I have the pc in the bedroom so it would be nice to play it on the living room which is where I have the Chromecast connected without having to move stuff around everytime by a click of a button.

You'd have to have someone add it. Nothing stopping it from actually working. I'm interested in this though. Just got my Chromecast in the mail today.
(07-04-2014, 02:25 AM)sektor Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance there could be a possibilty of adding Chromecast functionality within Dolphin? I have the pc in the bedroom so it would be nice to play it on the living room which is where I have the Chromecast connected without having to move stuff around everytime by a click of a button.
Is the Chromecast a PC streaming device? If not I doubt it's powerful enough to run dolphin.
(07-04-2014, 02:34 AM)DragonFireXY Wrote: [ -> ]
Is the Chromecast a PC streaming device? If not I doubt it's powerful enough to run dolphin.

Yes it's a wireless streaming device.
(07-04-2014, 02:34 AM)DragonFireXY Wrote: [ -> ]

It is, but only certain programs are compatible such as Netflix and Youtube so far. I don't know if this is the same as steaming?

I'm not a developer but I figure since Chromecast works by connecting to your own home wifi, Dolphin would have to capture this connection and stream it from there, much like the netplay versions.
You can so it with Stream now. You just need a second computer or a laptop.