Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LofZ TP run very slow and more...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

gabomamon

help, my dolphin run very slow, the screen is filled with squares and what can I do?

2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

10 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB

OS X 10.9.3
OSX + Intel HD 3000. I don't know why you'd expect much better.
And you did not specify the i5 model.
Judging from your gear you've got what...? MacBook Pro, 13"?
To put this into perspective; I tried TP on my MacBook, 15" - it sucked; low fps from the start, lowest possible graphics settings.
I've just bought a new PC, £3000 worth of gear - every game I've tried so far has been easy, with best settings possible, including TP (with June update Hyrule Field Hack).

You've got to spend the cash to get results bro; emulation doesn't work how people think it does.
You spend 3000 on a computer? wow.

Spoiler:
I was thinking that it wasn't too bad of a price for the parts, but then I remembered the conversion rate.

What did you do, buy a case made of pure gold, install a watercooling system, and then pay to put an Alienware badge on it so that your friends will think you're cool?
With that kind of money you could of bought yourself a real Wii + Gamecube + Wii U + games and accessories and still have enough for a high end rig.

@OP if you wish to upgrade we can suggest way cheaper methods.
Without sounding like a pompous the money isn't a problem - and for the record I had basically the best of everything you can get right now right down to case, watercooling, psu, you name it.

I aren't denying there are cheaper ways - I wanted a computer to play Dolphin, make music, play any game on 4k etc; I didn't buy this just for Dolphin and I didn't get ripped off; no disrespect but I paid more for the fact that the components are still considered new releases. It's like anything - you pay more on the first day of release (unless it's anything Apple).

AFAIK the best processor you can get for dolphin is a 4770K, they're cheaper than the 4960X and outperform due to the architecture and other factors.

And I have a real wii + gamecube + the rest but I don't like playing through consoles. The point of me using Dolphin is not only to emulate games but improve upon them too in regards to graphics etc.

But hey; your opinion is yours.
have fun draining and refilling your custom loop every month
(07-04-2014, 11:42 PM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]have fun draining and refilling your custom loop every month

Six months. Not one. I have to repaste and de-dust my air setup more often than most people need to clean out their loops, so it's not torturous on them.
Pages: 1 2