Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Majora's Mask project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

plotlineplus

Yeah... Before you get excited... I'll try not to be misleading.
I'm looking to recruit someone. Just one awesome person.
To help me just get rid of the HUD in Majora's Mask on the Zelda: Collecter's edition.
I'm working on a project for youtube. Which involves getting footage from the game without all that junk in the way.
All you'd have to do is dump the files, replace them all with blank png's in photoshop.
Aaaaaaand there will be a juicy $50 waiting for you... eventually.
(I'm suspended from work right now because of health issues)

So, if there are any talented people out there who are interested in sharpening thier texture hacking skills
and... eventually want to make some money, I can help you out with that... sort of.

Also, please don't flag this thread. It's not meant to be an add.
Because I'd also like to talk about the project itself. Advice on how to use the emulator itself, to make things more cinematic.
Like, is there a way to make the free camera movement less restrictive.

The project I'm working on is a set of Majora's mask "Shorts" that would form into a movie... ish... thing.
We're adding all sorts of elements (Even... gulp... voice acting) but in the end, it all hinges on what I can get out of this emulator.

Advice?
Quote:Aaaaaaand there will be a juicy $50 waiting for you... eventually.

Legitimate question: Would you be willing and able to pay in Bitcoin?

I do have experience modifying textures in Zelda HUDs, even if it's not something that's particularly difficult.

Quote:Like, is there a way to make the free camera movement less restrictive.

There is a highly functional free look camera in Dolphin. You can use it with Shift+WSAD, reset its location with Shift+R, and use the right mouse button to look around. Just be sure to enable the option! Also, you can change the speed with Shift+0 or Shift+9.
Try using dual core and dump frames together in an older version (3.5 might work, not sure). It used to make the HUD disappear from a lot of games.

edit: it mostly works.

[Image: rClHt8G.png]
(07-03-2014, 04:30 AM)Kodiack Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Aaaaaaand there will be a juicy $50 waiting for you... eventually.

Legitimate question: Would you be willing and able to pay in Bitcoin?

I do have experience modifying textures in Zelda HUDs, even if it's not something that's particularly difficult.

Quote:Like, is there a way to make the free camera movement less restrictive.

There is a highly functional free look camera in Dolphin. You can use it with Shift+WSAD, reset its location with Shift+R, and use the right mouse button to look around. Just be sure to enable the option! Also, you can change the speed with Shift+0 or Shift+9.
I'm pretty sure free look makes the HUD invisible if you press Shift+Q. It did that in Sonic Heroes. But I don't know if it works in Majora's mask.
Hm, free look can get rid of the A button, but nothing else. You have to move the camera quite a bit to get it to completely disappear though..

Combined with the other trick i posted:
[Image: 5keNeKh.png]