Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GCI MemCard Folder + Skies of Arcadia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Having a small problem with this feature. When trying to save in Skies of Arcadia for the first time, all is well and it creates the file. But if I try to overwrite it, this happens:
Spoiler:
If I click OK, the emulator crashes and the file is not overwritten. If I try to delete the file before saving, it changes from "8" to "1a". Not sure if it's my fault or a bug, but I figured I should report it anyway. This doesn't happen in Mario Sunshine or SSBM.

Edit: And while I may have someone's attention, gonna throw out a wild suggestion. It would be convenient if the Gamecube Memory Card Manager read the paths you have set in the Dolphin Configuration instead of just defaulting to C:/Users/Username/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/GC/. Or at least save the path to the last memory card opened, so next time it won't have to be searched for and the cards could be immediately loaded when opening it. I keep my memcard files on a different hard drive buried in about 7 subfolders. It would also be nice if the GCI folders could be changed, that alone makes me want to stick with MemCard files for now (aside from the SoA bug Tongue).
There's a commit to fix this problem Smile You won't have to wait long.
This also happens in Baten Kaitos Origins. It is the same only the unallocated block is 20.
sorry about that, I apparently didn't get enough testers from my thread.

you can save a memcard to always be opened. rightclick and set as default memcard(A|B)
I don't get much feedback on the memcard manager, which memcard would you say opens if it used the dolphin config?
there are potentially 3 for each slot (1 per region)
maybe we can have an issue for this on either the dolphin issue tracker or the memorycard manager issue tracker
and get feedback from other users

no timeline on configuring gci folder location,
options for the meantime:
you can configure the dolphin user directory (default is in my documents\dolphin emulator)
or alternatively you could set up a junction point