Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this computer run dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The HP is much better :
_Better CPU though the CPU is BGA (not removable but it's a laptop so it doesn't matter )
_Bigger screen , higher resolution
_Better looking skin
_More RAM
I've decided to go with the Lenovo with the i5 4200M processor since it fits my budget, but I just wanted to ask again if it can run games like Skyward Sword and Brawl smoothly.
Brawl, yes. SS, not very smoothly.
(07-09-2014, 04:18 AM)DJBarry004 Wrote: [ -> ]Brawl, yes. SS, not very smoothly.

When you say "not very smoothly", do you mean that it will be so bad that it's not worth playing, or that there's some problems here and there and it's just a bit annoying?
Some areas will drop, in others it could do fine. Zelda SS is on the demanding-game category, so...
I did some searching and found another laptop that was in my price range, and I wanted to know if it's any better than the Lenovo G510 with an i7 processor. They seem about the same but I wanted to know if there's any slight difference that may make it better.

Lenovo Z510
Intel Core i7 4700MQ 2.4 Ghz
Windows 8.1
Intel HD Graphics 4600
8GB RAM
1 TB Hard Drive
15.6" Display 1366x768 720p
It´s indeed better, but the current laptop CPU beast for Dolphin is i7-4790MQ.
There is no i7 4790MQ . If you don't know what you're talking about then don't post !
i7 4700MQ is the best CPU for him , it's as fast as i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz . Most games will run full speed
It was a typo, I was referring to 4900MQ
His budget is extremely low , why on earth would you recommend that model ?
And i7 4900MQ is just slightly faster than i7 4700MQ , it's not like i7-4930MX or i7 4940MX which are unlocked . i7 4900MQ has to pair with a gaming laptop which cost way beyond the price he can afford (1500$) . Keep in mind that he is looking for a multi-media laptop
Pages: 1 2