Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Need help for Xenoblade Chronicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SomeRandomDude

My CPU is AMD A8-6500 3.5 GHz and 8GB RAM. I'm not sure on the videocard but I think it's Radeon something and it may be integrated (???). When I tried to play Xenoblade Chronicles the opening title scene seemed ok, maybe a BIT slow but not bad. Menu screens were fine as well. But once the actual game began it got crazy bad sound-wise and was also pretty slow gameplay-wise although I thought the graphics were really good. So I'm confused about how to make this better. I use a Tower computer so in theory maybe I could just switch in one of those like "i7" processors? I've heard the Intel CPUs are much better for this emulator...
Your cpu is slow for Dolphin. You can't just "switch" processors. You have to make sure your motherboard supports the processor (it wont if you have an a6 in it now) and then if you switch motherboards you have to see if it supports your RAM (are you using DDR2 or DDR3, you need DDR3), and see if the motherboard fits your case (ATX, micro-ATX, micro-ITX).

SomeRandomDude

The RAM is DDR3. I'm confused because I just bought it like two days ago. And I chose it over an Intel with i5 based on the advice of the tech guy I was talking to. He also said I could always upgrade it by installing an "i7" used in laptops at some point. ??? Why would it be slow if its brand new and was like literally the strongest computer at the store
(07-01-2014, 01:59 PM)SomeRandomDude Wrote: [ -> ]The RAM is DDR3. I'm confused because I just bought it like two days ago. And I chose it over an Intel with i5 based on the advice of the tech guy I was talking to. He also said I could always upgrade it by installing an "i7" used in laptops at some point. ??? Why would it be slow if its brand new and was like literally the strongest computer at the store
The guy selling to you is an idiot.
AMD cpu's have very poor single threaded performance, you can't install an i7 on a mobo that has an a6 because they are different sockets, and you can't put a laptop cpu in a desktop. WTF was he talking about.
The tech guy wants to sell his crap or is an AMD fanboy that just thinks AMD is better no matter what.

Truth is, AMD processors may not be the worst when it comes to performance, but unless it's an FX8350, don't bother.