Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Emulator for Nvidia shield !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I really don't know what does stream mean is ? is it a flux or a flow ? but I'd like buy Nvidia shield because I travel a lot and I like dolphin emulator beside some an others emulators but is it necessary to play dolphin emulator or others emulators connected with your PC because I hate that to be connected and that's why you call it streaming because it's connected with your PC ??
It has been a couple months I ask that but no one give a clear answer and most of them they troll, and I saw some videos on youtube when they run Dolphin Emulator on Nvidia shield but I noticed when they run it, it shows in the Nvidia screen the specs of their PC I really don't understand That it shows that and god-damn streaming this word makes me angry I hate it or maybe they are the one who doesn't have another good word for that, but I hope someone can Explain me and I'm ready for that.
Thank you Smile
NVIDIA shield isn't powerful enough to play Dolphin at full speed, and the actual hardware lacks support for critical features required to run Dolphin on ARM devices. Namely, it's missing some graphics feature. Even if it wasn't, games would not be running at full speed on it.
I think the OP was curious about what Nvidia's GameStream was and how it worked. It allows you to stream a PC game running on one computer to the Nvidia Shield. Some people got this to work with Dolphin, I think, but some people recently reported it was no longer working. At any rate, you can't actually run Dolphin on the Shield itself, and the streaming is local I think, not really sure how it works. Nvidia's FAQ mentions connecting both the host and the Shield to a router via Ethernet.

Also, have a look at this to get an idea what Nvidia means by "streaming" : http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streaming_media

Now apply it to PC games. One device runs the actual game, but sends the audio and video output over a network to another device (the Shield in this case). The Shield receives and plays the audio and video data, but also sends back input to the host device running the game.
Thank you for respond me, I really appreciate that and I'm support you always, and I agree with ya Thank you so much for the INFO Smile