Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Higher FPS for WWE 13?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the moment Ive been playing wwe 13 but on occasions I get some slowdowns on certain parts of the action.

My Laptops specs are as follows:

MSI GE40-custom chassis

Intel Core i7 4900MQ
Intel HD 4600 graphics + nvidia 760m (I use the intel one because the laptop overheats using the dedicated GPU with high CPU speed at 98 degrees)
8GB ram

Dolphin revision: 4.0 1430
Graphics: Direct3D

I set Intel GPU's 3D to performance setting and used throttle stop to set the cores to 3.6GHZ which is the setting for 3 or more cores on turbo

Is there any other way to make this full speed more consistently without over heating?
WWE13 is a very CPU intensive game. Even though your i7-4900MQ is very, very good for Dolphin, this game would probably need a Haswell CPU at 3.8 ~ 4.0GHz or higher to work fullspeed constantly. At least, that may be true of 4.0-1430. Try the latest revisions. There have been some 500+ commits since then, and a lot of speed improvements probably have been introduced. It may be enough to get you fullspeed.
(06-29-2014, 04:00 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]WWE13 is a very CPU intensive game. Even though your i7-4900MQ is very, very good for Dolphin, this game would probably need a Haswell CPU at 3.8 ~ 4.0GHz or higher to work fullspeed constantly. At least, that may be true of 4.0-1430. Try the latest revisions. There have been some 500+ commits since then, and a lot of speed improvements probably have been introduced. It may be enough to get you fullspeed.

Updating to a newer version of dolphin has helped reduced some of the slowdowns especially when I have a new user settings folder. There are still slowdowns now and again but they don’t appear to be as frequent. If there is a setting that would allow this game to run full speed more consistently let me know. Thanks for the suggestion.
Unfortunately, there are no "magic" settings that will let the game run faster. Most of the options that give speed ups on a consistent basis (dual core mode for example) are enabled by default. Like I said, WWE 13 is a very demanding game. You're just shy some 200-300 MHz most likely. If you want to run this game at fullspeed all the time, you'll need something with a bit more power.
The newer builds seem faster to me. You could also try Delroth's test build from here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gr...g-required

That build seems quicker to me. With it I get full speed on an i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz all the time as far as I can tell. The only down side is that all of the recent releases add graphic glitches to the entrance videos, but the build you were using had that problem too. To get around that you would need 4.0-1146 or earlier but that wouldn't help your speed problem.

Oh, and I don't find the settings help much either. You really need to have the texture cache setting set to the middle in order to avoid issues with the create a superstar mode, but that could have a speed penalty. The OpenGL backend is faster for me but I'm not sure that using it is a good idea with the Intel graphics.
Yep this version seems to play it slightly better there are less slowdowns and gameplay is smooth as its supposed to be, maybe the gpu could be the bottleneck and has been probably affecting the speed. Thanks for that suggestion 4.0-1933, plays it better in any case