Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Gamecube BBA + Hamachi?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend and I both want to play Kirby Air Ride against each other online. If we used the BBA, we wouldn't have to share any screens. So, we both set up the BBA adapter and bridged it with Hamachi, the idea being that it'll use the virtual LAN and we can play each other over that.

It's not working, though. Our guess is because, when playing games with Hamachi, games won't appear in the LAN section of the server browser - you have to manually connect using their Hamachi IP.

Has anyone else done this before? Any ideas what to do to get it working?
Use NetPlay instead. It's a built in for online Dolphin play. You need to have the exact same save file or no save file and the same Dolphin version for it to work though. Try out 4.0-652 (dedicated NetPlay dolphin revision) or else you might have to play without dual core.
Alright, I'll give that a shot. I figured it would be preferable to do it with the BBA lan - that way, we wouldn't have to worry about sharing a screen or memory card stuff.
Hamachi is a bad idea for anything netplay related. It increases latency and decreases bandwidth greatly.
(06-28-2014, 03:30 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Hamachi is a bad idea for anything netplay related. It increases latency and decreases bandwidth greatly.
I've used it a fair bit with this friend. Our ping's generally pretty good - about 50. It's really not that bad.
Netplay is lockstep in emulators (for the most part, I think ZSNES has rewinding and all kinds of fancy tricks) and really want as low of latency as possible. Most people don't get so lucky with hamachi, and it will sometimes double latency from what it would be originally.