Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was wondering if this would be great? i'd be playing LoZ(all the ones i can get my hands on i mean), Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. and a couple other gamecube games.

the specs are:
Processor: Intel Core I5-4690K @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V Water Cooler
RAM: 8GB Kingston 1366MHz Ram
Storage: 1TB Barricuda 7200RPM HDD

Was wondering if this will be good enough? the clock speed on the processor is subject to change, that number is just a "base" to start with, i hope to get 4.4-4.6GHz

Hope i get some insight on this!
Yeah that is one of the best CPU's for Dolphin and you probably should be able to get it up to those clock speeds due to improved TIM on the chip compared to the 4670k. The only game which you might encounter some lag is hyrule field Twilight Princess but even then you should be very close to full speed if not full speed.
Ah, alright, i just bought the processor,mobo, and cpu cooler today, just waiting for everything to be shipped ha.

Thanks for the feedback!
I just purchased the 4690k as well, excited for it to come Wink
nice, i hope it stands up for what they are saying about it though. most likely it will, but i don't want to get my hopes up entirely on the temps and the easier overclocking lol
(06-26-2014, 05:02 PM)Growlith1223 Wrote: [ -> ]nice, i hope it stands up for what they are saying about it though. most likely it will, but i don't want to get my hopes up entirely on the temps and the easier overclocking lol

Well it will for sure decimate your FX 6300 in every game you play on stock clock.
yea true ha. mostly glad i got it though because this processor doesn't even know what stability is :/ hope i get this new processor soon!