Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Minimum Req for Dolphin Emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering... what kind of abilities does my computer need to run GC roms on a Dolphin emulator, at GOOD speed (not 5 FPS or anything like that...I'm talking about SMOOTH gaming).

Basically the games I wanna play are the Zelda ones...so use those as a "Standard".

What kind of graphic card do I need?
RAM?
Hertz?

and whatever you can think of xD

Thanks in advance guys Big Grin
(08-16-2009, 01:01 AM)Nimrod EX Wrote: [ -> ]I was just wondering... what kind of abilities does my computer need to run GC roms on a Dolphin emulator, at GOOD speed (not 5 FPS or anything like that...I'm talking about SMOOTH gaming).

Basically the games I wanna play are the Zelda ones...so use those as a "Standard".

What kind of graphic card do I need?
RAM?
Hertz?

and whatever you can think of xD

Thanks in advance guys Big Grin

for twilight princess

GPU anything with open gl 2.0 support

CPU i7 920 clocked at 4.0ghz will not run this game full speed 100% of the time

Memory anything over 2gb will be fine, unless you have a chunky old comp it will not be a problem

Windwaker:

GPU anything with open gl 2.0 support

CPU Core 2 duo clocked at at least 3.0ghz should be good most of the game except for a few areas

memory same as above
What about the graphics card?
(08-16-2009, 02:34 AM)Nimrod EX Wrote: [ -> ]What about the graphics card?

[color=#FF0000]*facepalm*[/color]
even I facepalmed at that, and I usually don't. o.o

your "graphics card" and your GPU are the same thing. Graphics Processing Unit, or something to that effect.
There's already a Thread on this topic:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3090.html
Wasn't there a noob asking about OpenGL not too long earlier.
A lot of these threads should really be closed.