Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 4.0.2 crashes after a few minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Blackdoom

Hi everybody,

I've played several games with many different settings and now i dont know what i could do. Every game i've tried runs perfect(okay, audio doesnt run certainly, but thats ok Smile )until dolphin instantly stoppes working. It happens after 10-20 Minutes playing. I've tried Paper Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart with 4.0.2. and 3.5. I've tried to disable dual-core, activated FPS-limit, changed compiler and graphicx backend.

My System

Windows 8.1, x64
Intel Core I7-4700MQ, 2,40GHz
Nvidia Geforce GT740M/ incl. Intel HD Graphics 4600
12GB RAM
Dolphin used: 4.0.2

I hope you can help me and thanks Smile bb
Disabling dual core is known to crash Dolphin on certain games, enable dual core.

Blackdoom

dolphin crashes even when its enabled, i've tried it already :/
Do you get any specific error message or just crashes? Are all you drivers (DirectX, redist., etc.) updated? May be a driver issue but I'm not too sure about it.

Blackdoom

the game just crashes. no specific error code or something, and always the same shutdown, no matter what settings or version. my drivers, c++, windows, .net framework are updated to the latest versions.. dont know what to do anymore
Try switching the audio backend from xaudio2 to dsound.

Blackdoom

i've already tried this, any more tips for possible settings? thanks by now for all the replies Smile
Make sure you have the cheats disabled. Make sure your dumps are not corrupt. Try lastest dev build.