Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How can I run Dolphin faster on my old laptop?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

WT!

My laptop is 4 1/2 years old. I want to run Melee, Brawl, and Project M (through virtual SD card) at 100%, or the best possible.

Operating System: Windows 7 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel® Core(TM i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Video Card/GPU: Intel® HD Graphics (Core i3)
Memory/RAM: DDR3 4096MB (4GB) RAM
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 4.0.2

What do I do? Melee runs great in the menus, up until it has to display 3D models (actual play). However this is stage dependent. For example Dreamland is great, runs mostly at 100 with occasional dips to as low as 97, but this is when fox shoots a laser or the tree starts blowing. Final Dest varies by background and suffers audio stuttering. Yoshi's story plays in the 60s and 70s, battlefield in the 80s, Fountain of dreams in the 40s with audio stuttering and pokemon stadium varies by stage environment. Brawl experiences slowdowns when transitioning between menus, and runs pretty consistently at 91% during gameplay, with occasional jumps to as low as the 70s and as high as 98, but drops to 83 and raises to 93-95 are more common. Brawl also has occasional audio stuttering and varies slightly by stage. PM runs similarly to Brawl.
It's impossible for your CPU , just give up already !
And 1st gen Intel HD is completely out of the question even if you use lowest settings
Your last hope, one of the r6xxx builds, like r6515, but be aware you won't get any support here in the forums because these builds are severely outdated and full of bugs already fixed in current development builds. Also, even with old builds you may get slowdowns in your system. It's veeeeery outdated...

WT!

(06-25-2014, 05:35 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Your last hope, one of the r6xxx builds, like r6515, but be aware you won't get any support here in the forums because these builds are severely outdated and full of bugs already fixed in current development builds. Also, even with old builds you may get slowdowns in your system. It's veeeeery outdated...

I just tried r6515, and it was even worse. I know my CPU is unacceptable for gaming, but is there anything I can do?
(06-25-2014, 06:18 AM)WT! Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-25-2014, 05:35 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Your last hope, one of the r6xxx builds, like r6515, but be aware you won't get any support here in the forums because these builds are severely outdated and full of bugs already fixed in current development builds. Also, even with old builds you may get slowdowns in your system. It's veeeeery outdated...

I just tried r6515, and it was even worse. I know my CPU is unacceptable for gaming, but is there anything I can do?

If neither r6515 worked, sorry, your CPU is out of question and there's no way of getting better performance in Dolphin other than getting a new laptop with better specs...