Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to tell Dolphin where to look for saved games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I just recently formatted my PC, but before I took all my Dolphin games and saves and put them in an external hard drive. Now I launch Dolphin and it recognizes the games but none have any saved data on them, where do I put the saved games?
Right-click on the game, and press "Open Wii save folder". Put your backed up save files for that game in there.
Do this for every game you have.
Read this -> https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t..._Directory

Just move your Dolphin Emulator folder over to the new install and everything will just work. Great isn't it?
I was able to back up the Wii saves with that, but not the ones from GC games, what can I do about that?
Uh...

MaJoR Wrote:Just move your Dolphin Emulator folder over to the new install and everything will just work. Great isn't it?

That includes gamecube games. Unless you altered the path or something, it should just work. Regardless, you can copy your GameCube memory card from your old Dolphin Emulator\GC to your new Dolphin Emulator\GC and it will work.