Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Games lag on my MAC, even at the minimum settings...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Raisen223

Hello everybody! Dolphin emulator is a great emulator, and I've been using it to play Gamecube games for some time now. My only issue with this emulator is that it lags even at the most bare minimum settings. I play games that are known to be 'heavy' on the graphics, like Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess and Mortal Kombat Deception. The games run fine in the cutscenes and whatnot, but when I get to the 3D bits, the entire game just lags really slowly. Could somebody tell me how to make my MAC run games at an acceptable speed?

Here's my MAC's information:

Operating System: OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 x64
Processor/CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Video Card/GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Memory/RAM: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: Dolphin 4.0
What are you temperatures? You can check them with RealTemp. Also which i5 model you have?

Raisen223

(06-18-2014, 08:53 PM)sektor Wrote: [ -> ]What are you temperatures? You can check them with RealTemp. Also which i5 model you have?
It doesn't say on the system report (unless there's another way to see the model which I overlooked), but it says I have four cores if that helps. Also, Realtemp is not usable on the MAC and I honestly don't know another alternative.
Macbook Pro is a multi-media notebook , not a gaming notebook
There is no doubt it will run very hot with Dolphin if both CPU and dedicated GPU are used . Otherwise , both CPU and GPU are underclocked to keep the temp lower
OSX tends to get poor performance with Dolphin . Windows 7/8 x64 are recommended here
Install Windows then read the performance guide
And btw , all mobile i5 are hpoeless for Zelda TP . RealTemp doesn't run in OSX

Raisen223

(06-18-2014, 09:13 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Macbook Pro is a multi-media notebook , not a gaming notebook
There is no doubt it will run very hot with Dolphin if both CPU and dedicated GPU are used . Otherwise , both CPU and GPU are underclocked to keep the temp lower
OSX tends to get poor performance with Dolphin . Windows 7/8 x64 are recommended here
Install Windows then read the performance guide
And btw , all mobile i5 are hpoeless for Zelda TP . RealTemp doesn't run in OSX
It's actually an iMAC desktop. Does that make a difference?
Radeon 6750M? Either that's a mobile GPU or somethings off. Either way Windows is recommended for Dolphin. Try switching to dedicated GPU and see if you get the same results. The only slowdown in Zelda TP is Hyrule Field later parts being that all i5 are hopeless in this area of the game.
The real question is which i5 it is.

Raisen223

(06-18-2014, 10:38 PM)kinkinkijkin Wrote: [ -> ]The real question is which i5 it is.
It doesn't say in the system report. If you could tell me a way to find which model of i5 it is, then please do.
Have you tried using one of the more recent Dev builds. 4.0 is quite old by this point, and many changes have been merged and the emulator is definitely improved.
Actually, I searched and didn't find anything on how to check your CPU in OSX. In any case, what is the model of your computer, or, if you can't get that, at least which year was it from?
Pages: 1 2