Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will my friend be able to run Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was wondering if my friend would be able to run Dolphin on his rig. He is looking to play Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Zelda: The Windwaker/Twilight Princess (GC) and Metroid Prime. Here are his specs:

Acer Aspire E
Intel i3-4110M
Intel HD4000
6GB Ram

He doesn't care about fancy graphics as long as it will run smooth on native 1x. Thanks guys.
(06-17-2014, 11:05 PM)sektor Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I was wondering if my friend would be able to run Dolphin on his rig. He is looking to play Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Zelda: The Windwaker/Twilight Princess (GC) and Metroid Prime. Here are his specs:

Acer Aspire E
Intel i3-4110M
Intel HD4000
6GB Ram

He doesn't care about fancy graphics as long as it will run smooth on native 1x. Thanks guys.

Twilight princess and metroid prime no, they will run slow but it will run wind waker and brawl
(06-17-2014, 11:08 PM)Porobu Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2014, 11:05 PM)sektor Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I was wondering if my friend would be able to run Dolphin on his rig. He is looking to play Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Zelda: The Windwaker/Twilight Princess (GC) and Metroid Prime. Here are his specs:

Acer Aspire E
Intel i3-4110M
Intel HD4000
6GB Ram

Twilight princess and metroid prime no, they will run slow but it will run wind waker and brawl

Thank you for replying. Since hes got an i3, does that mean he cannot turbo boost? Afaik turbo boost only comes in i5 and i7 processors correct?
(06-17-2014, 11:25 PM)sektor Wrote: [ -> ]

Acer Aspire E
Intel i3-4110M
Intel HD4000
6GB Ram

Thank you for replying. Since hes got an i3, does that mean he cannot turbo boost? Afaik turbo boost only comes in i5 and i7 processors correct?

Yes, i3 dont have turbo boost
(06-17-2014, 11:26 PM)Porobu Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2014, 11:25 PM)sektor Wrote: [ -> ]

Acer Aspire E
Intel i3-4110M
Intel HD4000
6GB Ram

Yes, i3 dont have turbo boost

Thanks, I'll advise him of this then. Any benchmarks or comparison performance using the i3-4110M with Dolphin? Anyone has any experience with this processor? Just wondering so I can relay this to him. Thanks again.